La Arduino Cucaracha

     Hello, Elda here. Today, we mixed music and technology. After gathering everything I needed (wires, resistors, buttons, the arduino board and a piezo speaker), I began following the circuit connectivity model shown below.
     It took a while and some cable management skills, but I was able to recreate the model. I ran into some trouble with the way the resistors and wires were connected, but with the help of my mentor rearranged a couple of things and the speaker was working well. We walked through the code, which basically declares each button and speaker, and says "if this button is pressed, make this sound".
    After playing around with it for a while, and recognizing that I am able to find tunes from libraries online and make the arduino play them without me touching it, I ended up perfecting my piano skills by playing "La Cucaracha", a very very complex tune that took me hours to master. Wink wink.


Comments

Popular Posts